Roydon benefits from a Village Hall which was built in 1988 on the site of the old ‘pavilion’. It is situated on High Road, Roydon (A1066). It is a well equipped and spacious Village Hall which is available for hire.
Please contact the booking clerk if you would like to hire the Hall; the contact details are:
email: [email protected] Tel: 07432 548068
Defibrillator at Roydon Village Hall
The defibrillator recently installed on the front wall of the village hall is registered with the ambulance service and fully operational. Should anyone have need to access the defibrillator, call 999 to receive a code to open the cabinet in which it is kept. Please be aware that the defibrillator cannot be used unless someone with the casualty knows how to administer CPR.
The Mobile Library service will be calling at the Recycling Lay-by on the A1066 every 4 WEEKS on THURSDAYS from 15.50 pm to 17.00 pm.
The Primary School, now considerably enlarged, was built in 1896 for 150 pupils and replaced the old school room which stood near the Public House.
The Church in Roydon is dedicated to St. Remigius who was Bishop of Rheims in France. It was built in circa 1140. The original Church consisted of a round Tower, Nave with no side aisles and possibly a small Chancel.
Jill Blagden (01379 643179) or Yvonne Moss (01379 644215).
‘Childsplay’ – A group of registered childminders in the locality of Diss, meeting at Roydon Church room once a week between 9a.m. and mid-day. Anyone requiring help to find a registered childminder or wishing to become a childminder please e-mail Tamsin Batchelor – [email protected] for further information.
Details from Mrs. S. Briscoe, 01379 643599